ITD public involvement coordinator Adam Rush, under questioning from attorney Natalie Havlina, confirmed that ITD received a petition over the summer opposing the megaloads with signatures from about 3,000 people, opposing the granting of permits to ExxonMobil, ConocoPhillips or any other corporation “to transport massively oversized road-obstructing industrial equipment on U.S. Highway 12.” Asked if he’d solicited public comments about the megaloads proposals, Rush said, “Comments weren’t officially solicited. We received many from folks and responded to them”/Betsy Russell, Eye On Boise. More here.
- Crowd grows restive at megaload hearing
- ITD: Highway 12 turnouts would be barricaded to avoid protests from 'nuts'
- ITD: Megaloads would 'travel at a safe speed, whatever that is'
- ITD witnesses met with Conoco attorneys to prep for today's hearing
- ITD: Frequent passing means every 15 minutes
- ITD: Conoco sent loads to Lewiston w/no guarantee it'd get permits
- ITD preapproved megaloads configuration back in 2007
- AM coverage: ConocoPhillips fails to block evidence