The state legislation had nothing to do with resolving the health care crisis in Idaho and was instead taking the partisan hackery, with ideological undertones, pervading the federal legislation, to the state level. In debate the sponsor even acknowledged the defensive nature of this legislation and argued that Idaho should step up on providing solutions to address health care reform, conceding that they had not done so yet/Sisyphus, 43rd State Blues. More here.
- 3-fer: Roundup: Idahoans detained in Haiti, and: Daily politics brief, and: Tuesday morning news/Treasured Valley
- Vaughn Ward: Mr. Unresponsive/Adam Graham, Give Me Liberty
- A deadline the Idaho Legislature doesn't need/Kevin Richert
- Idaho senators' budget bluff/MountainGoat Report
- Ceremonial costs/Randy Stapilus, Ridenbaugh Press
- The president and the Supremes/Marc Johnson, The Johnson Report
Question: What do you make of the approach by the Idaho Legislature to health care?