Ben Bernanke was confirmed today to remain as chair of the Federal Reserve. the Senate vote was 70-30, a clear win margin. But two-thirds of the Northwest delegation was against him. Both of Idaho’s Republicans, Mike Crapo and Jim Risch, voted against; most of the 30 opposition votes were Republicans. But the area’s four Democrats split – seniors against juniors. The senior senators in Washington and Oregon, Patty Murray and Ron Wyden, voted in favor. The juniors, Maria Cantwell and Jeff Merkley (who has been loud for some weeks in his opposition to Bernanke), voted against/Randy Stapilus, Ridenbaugh Press.
- Sacred cows have followers: a lesson for conservatives/Adam's Blog
- Start each day with a positive outlook/Clayton Cramer
- Cheers and boos/Give Me Liberty
- State of the Union: Reacting to Idaho's reactions/Kevin Richert
- Breaking down Minnick expenditures/MountainGoat Report
- Who we are/Nicole LeFavour, Notes from the Floor
- Who's afraid of the big, bad tapeworm/Rocky Barker
- 2-fer: Why Scott Brown won, and: American originals Salinger and Zinn/Johnson Report
- 3-fer: Daily politics brief, and: Friday morning news, and: Treasure Valley blogs/Treasured Valley
Question: Did you support Ben Bernanke's confirmation to remain as chair of the Federal Reserve?