As you know by now, Councilwoman Deanna Goodlander survived the scare of her life when her heart stopped beating five times at Kootenai Medical Center July 7. But did you know that Dan Gookin, Mary Souza and the rest of their Gang That Can’t Shoot Straight at OpenCDA.com foamed for days about a vast City Hall conspiracy to keep Deanna’s illness secret? As Deanna rested in the hospital after her close encounter with the Grim Reaper, Gookin was harrumphing on OpenSewer.com about the public’s right to know about her health. Quoth Gookin: “Hiding such information from the public and – worse – directing city staff to lie about the situation – reminds me of the old Soviet Union or even North Korea. We expect totalitarian states to hide such information from their masses. We don’t expect it here at home, but it’s something people should expect, especially from such a non-transparent and secretive organization like Coeur d’Alene City Hall”/DFO, Huckleberries, SR. More here.
- Restaurants: Cafe Bella Rosa/Get Out! North Idaho
- Boise: Otter not ready to share exceptions to platform/Betsy Russell
- Weather: We're not happy here in our weather bubble/Michelle Boss
- Economic downturn help Sandpoint prepare for growth/Patty Hutchens
- Business: Construction to start on Hospice house/Nils Rosdahl
Question: When should City Hall have notified the public that Deanna had suffered a heart attack?