U.S. Sen. Jim Risch, R-Idaho, in an interview: McChrystal had appeared to be the right person at the right time in Afghanistan, but his critical remarks constitute a "serious, serious error." "(Obama) didn't have much of a choice," Risch said. Petraeus probably will be confirmed swiftly by the Senate, as Obama wants, and he has Risch's vote. "He's probably the best choice the president could have made"/via Kevin Richert's blog. More here.
- Why can't you take my photo when I'm not there?/Adam's Blog
- Copy that/Fort Boise
- Conservatism destroying America/Sisyphus, 43rd State Blues
- Statesman's Minnick/Simpson story slanted?/Idaho Conservative Blogger
- Northwest city numbers/Randy Stapilus, Ridenbaugh Press
- Let's make better use of former governors/Chris Carlson, Johnson Post
Question: What do you make of our current presence in Afghanistan?