This morning, Governor Butch Otter told the delegation that the
convention is where "magic" happens. He also rambled about the evils of
big government. Here are five magical resolutions approved by the
state's GOP committee.
- 1. They denied "Jedi" as an official religion.
- 2. They want to repeal the 17th amendment. Keep in mind that Idaho's GOP delegation is claiming a desire for smaller government. Repealing the 17th amendment would mean the Idaho State Legislature (big government) would select US Senators (big government) instead of letting us little people vote for them.
- 3. They're rejecting the federal health care bill.
- 4. They passed a measure to support Arizona's immigration reform law.
- 5. The passed a resolution to define marriage. And I get what they're trying to do - they're trying prohibit trans-gendered individuals from getting married.
- You can read Nic
Casey's full post here. (Also: You can read Randy Stapilus' comment about a proposed state militia here.)
Question: My favorite action by the Republican convention delegates so far is rejection of "Jedi" as an official religion. What's your?