You missed the Coeur d’Alene Summer Theatre stage debut of Councilman Mike Kennedy & Son, if you hung out at Car d’Lane rather than attending “The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee” production June 19. I was center stage, fourth row, when Mike, Will and two other audience members were called to the stage to spell words for the mock bee along with Coeur d’Alene Summer Theatre cast members. Mike and Will bounced, danced (term loosely used here), and spelled as part of the fun play based on – as the name indicates – a spelling bee. Mike nailed his first two words, including “Mexican,” before he tripped up on “muntjac” (a small jungle deer of Southeast Asia and the East Indies). Will outlasted his dad by a coupla words, including “cow”/DFO, HucksOnline. More here.
- Boise: Otter pledges to analyze agencies' gender wage gap/Betsy Russell
- Weather: Wet spring fuels fire fuels/Michelle Boss
- Business: Water-sports shop offers paddleboards, classes/Nils Rosdahl
- Restaurants: Exploring where well-known faces feed/Patrick Jacobs
- Tribe: Sculpture honors Coeur d'Alenes heritage of service/Cindy Hval
Question: Have you ever participated in a spelling bee? How did you do?