Four bus loads of legislators encountered a small group of people protesting against Rep. Phil Hart when they drove into the Coeur d'Alene Inn a few minutes ago. The individual holding the sign on the right is Howard Griffiths, who won 25 percent of the vote as a write-in against Hart last Tuesday. (Idaho Reporter photo from Dustin Hurst)
Dustin Hurst of the Idaho Reporter is one of the boys on the Legislative Tour 2010 bus. His morning tweets are in the drop-down box. You can follow his tweets at Idaho Reporter:
- 5:33 p.m. Gov. Butch Otter is in the house in Coeur d'Alene. And I just saw Sen. Russ Fulcher (R-Meridian) in his swim trunks and a t-shirt. Odd day.
- 4:39 p.m. Dustin: "I am back in control at IdahoReporter.com HQ and quickly penning a story on anti-Phil Hart protesters.
- 4:30 p.m. Sen. (Nicole) Lefavour on Hart protesters outside cda inn: oh that's so great. I want to go take pictures!
- 3:01 p.m. Rep. Phil Hart and I will have a video interview after the governor's banquet tonight. Anyone have questions for him?
- 2:44 p.m. There is way, way too much Vandal vs. Bronco talk going on throughout the tour. (Vandals-Broncos play Friday night in Moscow.)
- 2:31 p.m. Sen. (Dean) Cameron, R-Rupert, jokingly asks ITD director Ness if he will help reorganize the Department of Health and Welfare to save money.
- 2:17 p.m. (Director Brian) Ness says no ITD employees will lose their jobs as a result of reorganization, but that positions may be eliminated and people moved. Ness asks legislators for help in clearing red tape in the process (at Sandpoint Community Center).
- 1:38 p.m. Several businesses in Sandpoint are presenting to legislators. ITD director speaks in 10 minutes, following which buses head back to cda.
- 12:18 p.m. Sen. John Mcgee (R-Caldwell) referred to as part time legislator and part time media personality by Sandpoint chamber president.
- 12:02 p.m. Sen. Keough wouldn't say who she thinks is the most powerful idaho senator (re: Hucks Online poll: "Which state senator in North Idaho is the most powerful?"
Question: Does anyone have questions you want Dustin to ask Phil Hart?
- 10:46 a.m. Rep. Phylis king just asked a staffer at farragut if naval training vessels bump into fish in the lake.
- 9:08 a.m. Good to be at Farragut. My grandfather trained here in World War II.
- 9:05 a.m. I would support moving state capitol to coeur d'alene. Who's with me on that?
- 8:52 a.m.
A little birdy told me this morning that rep. Eric Anderson annonced
last night his plans to run for majority leader in december.
- 7:46 a.m. Half legislators are boarding bus to sandpoint and the other half are headed to wallace and the silver valley
- 7:35 a.m. Lt. Gov. Brad Little is talking gas taxes at the Coeur d'Alene Inn on the legislative tour. It's a little early for policy discussion.
- 7:13 a.m. It is day two of the tour and Rep. Phil Hart is nowhere to be seen.
- 6:49 a.m. I dont think i could count the number of lobbyists here at the tour if i took off my shoes and socks.