What is it with Idaho Democrat party? Can’t they find Democrats to run for office? Or is it just a snow job by the candidates trying to distance themselves from the Democrat party to trick Idaho liberal Independents and Democrats to support them? Both Walt Minnick and Keith Allred are now on record saying they are not Democrats but Independents running as Democrats. Walt Minnick is on record as saying, “I’m not a Democrat, I’m an Independent seeking the Democratic nomination”/Idaho Conservative Blogger. More here.
- A tale of 2 lumberjacks: Hart vs. Russell/Dennis Mansfield
- Our future/Tom von Alten, Fort Boise
- Democratic apathy is a vote for crazy/Sisyphus, 43rd State Blues
- Minnick comes clean/Mountaingoat Report
- Anti-wolf activist faces felony in trophy elk killing/Rocky Barker, IStatesman
- Mike Mitchell: One of the good guys/Marc Johnson, The Johnson Post
Question: Is it smart politics for Democratic candidates running for statewide or congressional office to distance themselves from the party label? Does it work?