Keith Erickson and I swapped tales online about Mike Anderson following the ex-Kootenai County commissioner’s unexpected death this month. Keith remembers how Mike walked out with him after Keith questioned the appropriateness of an executive session called by the two Republican commissioners in the early ‘90s. Moi? I recall Mike’s incredible eyesight. In his unsuccessful re-election bid (1994), Mike’s residency was an issue. Rumors had it that he wasn’t living in his commission district. So late one night, I decided to verify his residence. I found a pickup with Anderson signs on both sides in the alley behind his house, drove around front to double check the address, and then went home, satisfied. As I walked through the door, the phone rang. Mike was on the line. He wanted to know why I was sneaking around his house/DFO, Huckleberries. More here.
- Weather: We're overdue for stormy weather/Michelle Boss
- Sandwich chain brings 'perfect bread', 2 names/Nils Rosdahl
- Restaurant: Stay in (and order some pizza)/Patrick Jacobs
- Boise: Gubernatorial race rivals spar over 'letter-marking'/Betsy Russell
- Sandpoint: Proposed bus system would become asset to city/Patty Hutchens
- Gardening: Perfect condition for mushrooms/Pat Munts