- 12:02 p.m. Court back in session.
- 11:10 a.m. Judge Hosack calls a recess.
- 10:48 a.m. Zellars tells the court that she had the wrong ballot. But she can't remember how she voted in Brannon-Kennedy race. She says she always votes Democratic -- to which Erbland asks whether she saw any party on the ballot. She responds, no.
- 10:40 a.m. Rehana Zellars is now on video feed live.
- 10:27 a.m. Matt Kelso is setting up teleconference with voter Rehana Zellars -- and having technical difficulties.
- Much more below
- 10:19 a.m. Peter Erbland is cross-examining Jenkins.
- 10:14 a.m.
Attorneys are arguing over Kelso's attempt to impeach witness Susan
Harris. Kelso had asked Jenkins if he recorded all his conversations.
Jenkins said yes.
- 10:03 a.m. Kelso calls Erin Jenkins
of Confidential Investigations to the stand. Kelso asks Jenkins for his
address -- and Jenkins ironically provides his office address. Jenkins
is on the stand to try to impeach the testimony of Susan Harris &
Ronald Prior from Thursday.
- 9:55 a.m. Matt Kelso is
trying to get Rehana Zellars on a video hookup from wherever she is.
Gookin is helping Matt Kelso in trying to get the teleconference hookup
going. Meanwhile, Kelso has called Elmer Currie Sr. and his wife to the
stand. But they aren't in the courtroom.
- 9:52 a.m. Lani Chamness has left the witness stand with her Salvation Army uniform on and her tremendous dignity intact.
- 9:50 a.m. Judge Hosack terms Chamness to be a perfectly legal voter who did everything right and is pressing Kelso to quit it.
- 9:45 a.m.
Defense counsel Peter Erbland is establishing that Lani Chamness has
been a resident of Coeur d'Alene for past 4 years. Erbland states that
she should not be disenfranchised. Erbland cites Noble vs. Ada County, a
case that Kelso lost about 10 years ago to argue this. Kelso is trying
to say that Lani Chamness' failure to re-register at a new precinct
makes her an illegal voter.
- 9:31 a.m. Bill McCrory is sitting at the counsel table at Kelso's request, reviewing poll books.
- 9:27 a.m.
Starr Kelso just asked Jim Brannon to do something for him. Brannon
pointed at Dan Gookin and they went out into the hall together.
- 9:26 a.m.
Team Brannon has put Lani Chamness on the stand. Lani, as you recall,
is the woman who was confronted by a strange private investigator who
represented herself as a city worker last Friday and ultimately handed
her a subpoena from Starr Kelso. You can read all about that here.