Today, Holy Thursday, we observe the Last Supper, the meal Jesus shared with his friends. He broke the bread and shared it. Scripture reminds us that we will “find Him in the breaking of the bread.” My most profound experience of the risen Christ in the breaking of the bread happened not at church, but at Tampa International Airport. My father was dying and I was escorting him on his journey home. On a sunny Sunday morning, a limousine took us on dad's last ride to an airport. The driver, not knowing dad's health status, asked if he could say a prayer before we left the driveway. He likes to do that, he told us. Of course/Catherine Johnston, EndNotes. More here.
- Snow, slides block St. Joe River Road/Rich Landers, Outdoors
- Toad the Wet Sprocket to play Sandpoint/Jim Kershner, Spotlight
- Mexican stand protester arraigned on gun charge/Meghann Cuniff, S&G
- Group launches Web site vs. Spokane casino project/Tom Sowa, Office Hours
- Cop killer at Gregoire bill signing?/Jim Camden, Spin Control
- SportsLink 3-fer: Thursday Prep Page links, and: Shock D not delivering, and: Chiefs lose Johnson for 1 game
Question: Does the Passion Week have special meaning to you?