Popkey's promised story is published, fleshing out the details in the concerted effort, for most of a decade of private, profit driven corporations gradually taking over the public education system in Idaho. The article expands the cast of characters of wealthy ideologically right wing players, including, Fox magnate Rupert Murdoch, junk bond felon Michael Milkin, the hypocrite Bill Bennett, and the son of disgraced Idaho Congressman George Hansen. In so doing Popkey connects the dots from the money to Luna and his education deform package/Sisyphus, 43rd State Blues. More here.
- Send in the thugs/Adam Graham
- So this is Wisconsin democracy/Dennis Mansfield
- Tom Luna's focus on the customer/Fort Boise
- The Idaho State University prez who would be king/Political Game
- Idaho gas issues go beyond fracking, enviro issues/Rocky Barker, Statesman
- Nullification or common sense?/Marc Johnson, The Johnson Report