Car d’Lane has been tame since the 1999 riot in downtown Coeur d’Alene. But that doesn’t mean it has been without incident. CPD Blues were busy after the cruise this year, according to the Downtown Coeur d’Alene Bar Report (which mysteriously appears at Huckleberries HQ each week or so). Local cops issued 68 warnings for open containers after the cruise that opened the event (June 17 and 18) – most to Iron Horse cuss-tomers who were unaware (or didn’t care) that they couldn’t have booze outside the chained area on the sidewalk. Nine other warnings were issued to nearby Moose Market drinkers, three to Icon/Beacon barflies, and the remaining 30 or so throughout the downtown area/DFO, Huckleberries. More here.
- Siss, boom, ah, let's get pyrotechnical/Doug Clark
- Smart Bombs: Floyd was suited to the task/Gary Crooks
- Spotlight: Judds were a hit, seats were amiss at Northern Question/Jim Kershner
- Gardening: CdA tour offers glimpse of 6 incredible spaces/Susan Mulvihill
- The Slice: Sometimes you're stuck with the hands of fate/Paul Turner
- Eye on Boise: Megaloads may take both route options/Betsy Russell
Question: What odd sights have you seen in downtown Coeur d'Alene during the first three, big events of the summer -- Coeur d'Alene, Ironman, & 4th of July celebration?