State Sen. John McGee hasn't been heard from yet; his initial court appearance isn't scheduled until this afternoon. But the story of the Caldwell Republican's bizarre arrest on misdemeanor drunken-driving and felony grand theft charges has long since gone viral on the Internet — and international. London's Daily Mail jumped across the pond to write about McGee. In a sidebar — under the headline, "When Will All These Lawmakers Learn?" — the Daily Mail likened McGee to former U.S. Rep. Anthony Weiner, D-N.Y., who resigned amidst a Twitter photo scandal. I was a bit surprised that the Daily Mail took interest in an Idaho state legislator's travails, no matter how juicy the details/Kevin Richert, Idaho Statesman. More here.
- GOP's deep-seated problem with bigotry/Fort Boise
- Sen. John McGee arrested for grand theft, DUI/43rd State Blues
- Why isn't president creating jobs?/Austin Hill, Idaho Conservative Blogger
- Conservative blogger blames Otter for prison woes/Dan Popkey, Statesman
- Dad/Marc Johnson, The Johnson Report
- John McGee: The strangeness factor/Randy Stapilus, Ridenbaugh Press
- F&G director Moore: Time to delist bull trout in Idaho/Rocky Barker, Statesman
Question: Can anyone answer the question posed by London's Daily Mail: 'When will all these lawmakers learn?' Also, izzit just me or does the overwhelming number of misbehaving lawmakers tend to be male?