The education “reform” package sprung unexpectedly on Idaho by schools super Tom Luna has claimed its first victim. Meghan Ridley, a special-ed teacher and teacher of the year recipient in the Lakeland School District, has had enough. She quit her job last week after being accepted into a Gonzaga University doctoral program. Meghan, whose battle with anonymous Coeur d’Alene Press online commenters has been chronicled here, said the teacher rallies, letters to the editor, speeches before uncaring legislators, and unwanted “troll” attention over the “hot photo” took a toll. She told Huckleberries she had an epiphany after she got more attention over a newspaper photo that showed a hint of cleavage than she had attracted during her years as a teacher. So she said she embraced her “sexy teacher” alter ego and launched a Facebook page under the pseudonym “Ima HotTeacher,” where she plans to continue fighting the Luna-tic legislation to overhaul Idaho education/DFO, SR. More Huckleberries print here.
- Smart Bombs: Labor pains began long ago/Gary Crooks
- Business: Consumers cashing in despite cutbacks/Bert Caldwell
- Olympia: Former Washington state senator McCaslin dies/Jim Camden
- Boise: Not enough mettle to change currency/Betsy Russell
- Feisty George Diana stood up to MS, pot laws/Shawn Vestal
- Outdoors: Trophies a Big Horn show tradition/Rich Landers
Question: Have you ever quit a job over a matter of principle?