Sometimes I forget that, because not long after earning that rank I had some serious issues with the Boy Scouts organization. So, I stepped away from Scouting, boxed up my uniform and awards, and moved on with my life. Last year, when my son heard about a homeschool Boy Scout troop in the area, we joined up. He had a good time with the boys. They met in a wooded park during the day, where the emphasis was on outdoor fun. A few months later, that troop disbanded when the leadership moved away. Not giving up, we looked for another one to join, paying visits to three other troops/Idaho Dad, A Family Runs Through It. More here.
- Osama bin Laden's death/Arch Druid
- Priest among North Idaho lakes featured in Seattle mag/As The Lake Churns
- Will Pend Oreille flood/Bay Views
- Air Force West Winds to play at CdA library/Coeur d'Alene Today
- Bin Laden's last moment on earth/Community Comment
- D is for Daily Grind/Crazy Homeschool Mama
- Travelogue logged down/Dogwalk Musings
- Maybe I'll get to fill those planters with flowers/Gathering Around the Table
- 3BT: Chicken, grading, Snug photos/Kellogg Bloggin'
- I can't say they didn't warn me/Staci Lehman, Kootenai MPO
- Fun with conspiracy theories/My Life's A Freak Show w/o A Tent
- Tuesdaytwitterdeebirdies/Slight Detour
HBO numbers (for Monday, May 2): 8644/5416
Question: Were you ever a Boy Scout or a Girl Scout? Was it a good experience?