Baseball clubs retire numbers of famous players. Mebbe the U.S. Postal Service should retire P.O. box numbers of infamous customers. Take the Aryan Nations, for example. Please. Seems P.O. Box 1167 outlived racist Richard Butler’s Church of Jesus Christ Christian in Coeur d’Alene. Earlier this year, that number was bestowed on Citizens for Better Education, a group backing conservative candidates in the Coeur d’Alene school trustee elections Tuesday. The post office number created a brief hubbub in the local blogosphere Thursday as some wondered if there was a connection between the two organizations. No one knew for sure who was involved in Citizens for Better Education until activist Duncan Koler, of Hayden, came forward to tell Chelsea Bannach of this newspaper that his group “strongly opposes” anything to do with the Aryans. It’s time to deep-six P.O. Box 1167/DFO, Huckleberries Online. More here.
- Business: Debt fee law applies in civil case, court says/Bert Caldwell
- Olympia: Workers comp becoming a yellow brick road-block/Jim Camden
- Theater: World of 'Oz' sets up shop at INB/Jim Kershner
- Boise: Lawmakers ease day-care rules/Betsy Russell
- Spokane: No elections, you've sure got my vote/Doug Clark
- Smart Bombs: No patience for patients/Gary Crooks
- Sports: Shock may be forced to change their changes/Shawn Vestal