JEERS ... to Idaho Senate Education Committee Chairman John Goedde, R-Coeur d'Alene. He doesn't think much of teachers who criticized state school Superintendent Tom Luna's plan to divert tax dollars from the classroom into online instruction. The State Board of Education will decide how many online classes students will be required to take. A subcommittee has recommended two courses. Goedde serves on that panel. Most of the testimony that committee heard was negative, but that's because only teachers testified - and what do they know? Goedde said. "I was there for the Coeur d'Alene testimony, and without exception, every person that testified was either an educator or a former educator," Goedde said. "And I think that is just consistent with their insistence that education reform is a bad thing." Would Geodde support health care reform opposed by 98 percent of the nation's doctors?/Marty Trillhaase, Lewiston Tribune. More here.
Other Idaho Opinion:
- A general's wisdom/Idaho Mountain Express
- Do the people's business the people's way/Statesman
- There's too much carp going on at Lake Lowell/Idaho Press Tribune
- Remembering the labor movement/Idaho Mountain Express
- Help complete rink of dreams/Coeur d'Alene Press
Question: Does Goedde deserve Marty's jeers?