You may have heard that state Sen. Bob Nonini, R-Coeur d’Alene, returned his copy of the movie “Brokeback Mountain” that Sen. Nicole LeFavour, D-Boise, sent to all Idaho senators last yuletide. LeFavour, the state’s only openly gay legislator, told the Idaho Statesman she circulated the video about a closeted gay relationship to launch a discussion about expanding human rights protections for Idaho gays. On my Huckleberries Online blog (spokesman.com/hbo) last week, Nonini’s wife, Cathyanne, explained why LeFavour’s actions fell flat with her and her husband: “We returned the movie without a fuss and public comment – and it was my idea. I am a cradle Catholic and found her sending this movie in very poor taste, especially at Christmas. Nothing was written to Nicole, nor was anything unkind said to her. Nicole and the media were responsible for this being made public”/DFO, Sunday Huckleberries. More here.
- Slice: Fool me once, shame on ... Ward Cleaver/Paul Turner
- Eye on Boise: Session comes to a screaming halt/Betsy Russell
- No jingles for shingles, it's just not fun/Doug Clark
- Villainy no longer certain in Towfest '10/Shawn Vestal
- Smart Bombs: Mandate mavens turn mad/Gary Crooks
- Outdoors: Average Joe offers tips on bagging gobbler/Rich Landers