"There’s still time to join me and whip together some treats for others before the season slips away," posts Lori Hutson/Too Many Cooks. "I'm fussing over ideas for the Meyer lemons I found this weekend at Costco. I was thinking of lemon curd, but I'm cranky about the recipes I've found because they call for bottled lemon juice to ensure they are canned safely." More here.
Featured Blog: It's one thing to remember the name of someone you haven't seen in a long time when you bump into that person in a store or on a sidewalk. Coming up with “Steve” or “Chris” is a good feeling. But some of us aren't satisfied with that. Oh, no. Not content with getting that name right, we have to up the ante. After the exchange of pleasantries and good-to-see-yous, we roll the dice. “And be sure to say hello to…”/Paul Turner, The Slice. More here.
- Dually Noted: Fancy not futzy/Tricia Jo Webster
- SportsLink: Zags seeing plenty of guards/Jim Meehan
- End Notes: Hope & medical miracles/Catherine Johnston
- Spin Control: Councilman's home burglarized 2X/Jonathan Brunt
- Office Hourse: A classic book cover re: pot from the '60s/Tom Sowa
- Outdoors: Schweitzer benefit features $10 tickets Dec. 14/Rich Landers
- Eye on Boise: Unclaimed $1M Idaho lottery prize about to expire/Betsy Russell
- A Grip on Sports: Sporting News to suspend print edition/Vince Grippi, SportsLink
Question: Do you make/cook/can holiday gifts for others? Tell us about it.