A year to the day after Mary Livingston opened her University Bar and Grill in the former Bulldog hangout, the business closed its doors. The business, at 1305 N. Hamilton Street, has a long history going back decades, when it was primarily the Bulldog Tavern and catered to the Logan neighborhood and Gonzaga University students. More from Office Hours here.
Featured Blog: In his Slice blog Monday, Paul Turner posted: "When the line at the post office seems a bit like the Nile River, people tend to critique those who finally make it up to the service counter. Are they going about their business in a quick, efficient manner? Do they show signs of having mailed something before? Or are they high-maintenance nightmares like the woman in purple? A white-haired guy in a denim jacket looked on in amazement as the woman in purple packed, addressed and taped her box up at the counter. More here.
- A Grip on Sports: A matter of perspective/Vince Grippi
- SportsLink: WSU's Tuel to prep for NFL draft/Christian Caple
- The Slice: Christmas cards from near and nearer/Paul Turner
- SportsLink: Idaho Vandals hire Cinkovich for offense/Josh Wright
- Spin Control: News flash: Obama wins Washington/Jim Camden
- Home Planet: Beauty of Christmas in Germnay/Cheryl-Anne Millsap
- Outdoors: Schweitzer raises $30K for Sandpoint charities/Rich Landers
- End Notes: Relentless December dark is good response/Rebecca Nappi
Question: How do you pass the time while waiting in a line at the post office?