Sen. Nicole LeFavour, D-Boise, has been overruled in her attempt to challenge Senate Assistant Majority Leader Chuck Winder's ruling that her amendment to SB 1215 can't be considered. The bill is about increasing penalties for prison contraband; LeFavour argued that the bill says it's about promoting safety and security, and so was her amendment -- to expand the Idaho Human Rights Act to cover discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity. That would include prison employees who are gay or lesbian, she said/Betsy Russell, Eye On Boise. More here.
- H&W chairs from both houses back restoration of some of 2011 Medicaid cuts
- Hammond: State will need to look at general funds for future Transportation costs
- Judiciary chairs on budgets: 'We are jeopardizing safety'
- Andreason: Give state employees 3% across-the-board pay raises
- Luna: Cameron's bill to remove teacher pay cuts from 'Students Come First' is good law
Question: Do you support Sen. LeFavour's attempt to resurrect "Add the Words" legislation?