Huckleberries knows how to settle the fight over the radical online education plan forced on Idaho’s schoolchildren by Superintendent of Schools Tom Luna and legislative accomplices last year – and subject to a November referendum. Stage a winner-take-all cage match between Luna and Post Falls instructor Ann Rosenbaum. In one corner, we’d have Luna, a former school board member who got his college degree online. In the other corner, Rosenbaum, a former Marine military police officer who escaped a car bomb in Iraq. New York Times reporter Matt Richtel featured Rosenbaum and two other teachers in an article about the controversy Tuesday. Rosenbaum told the Times: “This technology is being thrown on us. It’s being thrown on parents and thrown on kids”/D.F. Oliveria, Huckleberries, SR. Rest of column here.
Other SR weekend columns:
- The Slice: She'll take PF&J but hold J/Paul Turner
- Hart lawyer says state law trumps feds' lawsuit/Betsy Russell
- Smart Bombs: Marriage isn't working out/Gary Crooks
- Mark Elvis' 77th with rockin' show, King-size sandwich/Doug Clark
- Outdoors: Guide makes case for electronic decoys/Rich Landers
Question: Who would win a cage match featuring Post Falls instructor Ann Rosenbaum and Superintendent of Schools Tom Luna?