Jennifer Drake, center, and Sara Meyer, a supporter of Decline to Sign, and Frank Orzell, a supporter of Recall CDA, discuss events leading up to an announcement Monday, June 18, 2012, at city hall in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, that there will be no recall on upcoming ballots. Kootenai County election officials ruled Monday that recall organizers failed to collect enough signatures to trigger a recall election. (Gabe Green Coeur d'Alene Press photo)
Remember how this all started?
- Way We Were: HBO interviews Mayor Sandi Bloem April 4, on day of Recall announcement
- Way We Were: Anti-Recall foes to start recall try/Huckleberries Online, April 4
- Way We Were: My 2 Cents: Just say no to recall/DFO, Huckleberries Online, April 4
- Way We Were: 20 who signed petition to launch recall/HucksOnline, April 4
- Way We Were: HBO interviews Stop Recall leaders Meyer, Drake (April 6)
DFO: I watched and listened to this encounter. Sara had just told Frank Orzell that she was disappointed that he'd gone submitted petitions circulated by Rod Bitterman, who was later investigated for providing incorrect information in gathering signatures. Sara concluded that it was time for both groups to move on. I tip my cap to Orzell that he was willing to face the music re: the failure of the recall when no other Recaller did.