The numbers resemble the parameters for wild turkey hunts — but it’s the 2012 Idaho Panhandle wolf hunting and trapping proposals that have just been released by Jim Hayden, Idaho Fish and Game Department regional wildlife manager in Coeur d’Alene:
- Bag limit, five wolves (up from two last year).
- Season on public land, Aug. 30 – March 31 (same as last year).
- Season on private land, July 1 – March 31.
- Bag limit, five wolves (up from three last year).
- Season, Nov. 15 – March 31 (same as last year).
- No trapping in Units 2 and 3 (same as last year).
Question: Anyone have the feeling that Idaho doesn't like wolves?