The “Add The Words” campaign, which has pushed unsuccessfully this year for lawmakers to consider legislation adding the words “sexual orientation” and “gender identity” to the Idaho Human Rights Act to ban discrimination on that basis in housing and employment, will hold a vigil on the Statehouse steps on Thursday evening to “shed some final light on a dark legislative session,” the group said in a news release. It's asking supporters to bring flashlights, cell phones or other non-flame producing light, as open flames aren't allowed on the steps/Betsy Russell, Eye On Boise. More here.
- House backs new garage as permanent fix to Capitol parking problems
- House votes 39-22 to raise commissioner salaries by 2% next year
- Bill would ease bonding for charter schools
- Pre-abortion ultrasound would require 2nd costly ultrasound for women
- House panel backs contraception-coverage memorial on party-line vote
- Senate still working toward March 23 adjournment
Question: Do you want the Idaho Legislature to "Add the Words" any time soon?