On his Slice blog today, Paul Turner posts two old-time posters warning of the dangers of venereal disease, including the one above. You can see the other one and Paul's blog here.
Gramps Scammed: uthorities are again warning of the “grandparents scam” after a north Spokane County man wired nearly $20,000 to Peru. The man said he received a call about 10 a.m. Tuesday from a man he thought was his grandson. The caller said he needed $2,400 to get out of jail and that if he wired the money to Lima, Peru, they would avoid a two-day waiting period, according to the Spokane County Sheriff's Office. He did so, and the man called again saying the judge increased bail and he needed $6,250. She transferred that money, then transferred another $6,250 upon request.. The man called again Wednesday about 9:30 a.m. and asked for $4,800 to pay lawyer fees/Meghann Cuniff, SR. More here.
- Grief work: Go, dog, go!/End Notes
- Gonzaga loses special friend/SportsLink
- Fishing closes today on Spokane River stretches/Outdoors
- Top 5 skills learned in Spokane Mountaineers Backpacking School/Outdoors
- Ready for 'guided discernment' to keep workplace stress down?/Office Hours
- Steam Plant unveils upgraded interior, menus/Too Many Cooks
Question: Do you know anyone who has received one of these scam calls targetting grandparents?