The Senate has voted 23-12 in favor of SB 1387, the pre-abortion ultrasound requirement. Retiring Sen. Diane Bilyeu, D-Pocatello, rising to explain her vote, said, “You know, fellow senators, as a woman, and as a person of faith, this bill makes me want to cry. I want an end to abortion as well as all of you do, and I am totally opposed to abortion except in the case of rape, incest or the life of the mother. But I find this bill to be intrusive into my faith and it is punitive as a woman. This senator votes no”/Betsy Russell, Eye On Boise. And: How they voted.
- Closing debate: Winder compares abortion to U.S. war casualties
- Senate debate: 'An abdominal ultrasound would be limited'
- Hammond: Hope this bill isn't another litmus test to prove you're conservative
- Senate debate on ultrasound bill: 'Needed for women's rights & dignity'
- Senate takes up pre-abortion ultrasound bill
Question: Agree/disagree with the bill?