Betsy Russell/Eye On Boise reports that Chuck Winder's comments in his closing argument re: his pre-abortion ultrasound bill has launched a firestorm nationwide. He said: "In his closing debate in favor of SB 1387, Sen. Chuck Winder, R-Boise, said, “This bill does not require a trans-vaginal exam. … It leaves that up to the patient and the physician to make that determination.” He said, “Rape and incest was used as a reason to oppose this. I would hope that when a woman goes in to a physician with a rape issue, that physician will indeed ask her about perhaps her marriage, was this pregnancy caused by normal relations in a marriage or was it truly caused by a rape. I assume that's part of the counseling that goes on.” More here.
- Senate narrowly OKs bill easing asbestos firm's liability
- House passes tanning-bed restrictions for minors 39-30
- House kills Hart's silver, gold bill on 35-35 tied vote
- Odd candidate behavior nothing new in Idaho
- Charter school building-subsidy bill pulled from House
- Senate Ethics Committee adjourns until Wednesday