House Education Chairman Bob Nonini, R-Coeur d'Alene, has thrown in the towel on his $10 milion tax credit bill for private school scholarships; he just asked for unanimous consent to return the bill to the House Education Committee. “In light of HB 670 as amended and we being at the end of our session, I think probably the right thing to do without asking this body to vote on a suspension of rule and to continue to work on this and maybe look at it again, next year, I would ask HB 670 be returned to the Education Committee,” Nonini told the House/Betsy Russell, Eye On Boise. More here.
- House begins its goodbyes
- Senate Educations passes teacher pay bill w/o debate, and: passes House 59-9
- Senate says sine die will be today
- Senate approves amended animal cruelty bill 24-11
- Senate OKs judges' retirement bill 34-0
- Occupy protesters escorted from Senate gallery
- Capitol Mall rules bill passes Senate on party-line vote
- Debate on tax cut: 'Redistribute it to the wealthy'
- Senate including changes in ethics rules, including more secrecy