Nathan Empsall has a message for distraught Republicans who are facing four more years of President Barack Obama. Nathan? He’s a 2005 Coeur d’Alene Charter Academy graduate who graduated from Dartmouth University in 2009 and describes himself as a “pro-life, anti-pot liberal from two very red states who … has been on the losing end of some bruising elections.” Nathan’s message to conservatives? It will be OK. Nathan: “I survived Bush, and you will survive Obama. That’s what America does: She survives, endures, grows, leads, and perseveres, and when she does make mistakes … she almost always makes up for them. To despair is to lose your patriotism for America, your faith in God, and I know you’re stronger than that”/DFO, Huckleberries print. More here.
Other SR weekend columns:
- Spin Control: Murray was key in party recruiting/Jim Camden
- Slice: Not exactly avalanche of fun for truck driver/Paul Turner
- Eye on Boise: Lawmaker wants teacher bonus option/Betsy Russell
- Here's the dope on your I-502 questions/Doug Clark
- Bland recipe for oversight of police may be all we get/Shawn Vestal
- Smart Bombs: Dark times for secrecy, spin/Gary Crooks
- Marquez Wilson bruises Cougars on way out the door/John Blanchette
Question: Do you worry about the future of this country?