On his Slice blog, Paul Turner writes of a time when Neopolitan ice cream was called by another name: "I happen to know someone who once got some grief for referring to Neapolitan ice cream as “Van-choc-straw.” But there it is (lower left). “Van-Choc-Straw.” Big as you please. More here.
On his Slice blog, Paul Turner wonders: "We all know how people in the Spokane area love a bargain. So it stands to reason that, around here at least, people shopping for marijuana will be looking for low, low prices.It would be a bit of a culture clash for Wal-Mart to carry the stuff. And Costco is sort of busy selling booze right now. So maybe it will fall to individuals running yard sales to offer the real bargains.
- SportsLink: Day after West Virginia/Jim Meehan
- End Notes: Stories we need to tell ourselves/Rebecca Nappi
- Too Many Cooks: Holiday wine festival begins Friday/Lorie Hutson
- A Grip on Sports: The never-ending chase/Vince Grippi, SportsLink
- Outdoors: Sad story about dads taking daughters hunting/Rich Landers
- Spokane Valley: Reward offered for poacher who shot fawn, dog/Nina Culver
- Dually Noted: 'Skyfall' is better than best James Bond flick ever/Dan Webster
- Office Hours: Synaptics paid $15M for North Idaho startup Pacinian/Tom Sowa