"Traditional Thanksgiving dinner is hard enough – just making sure that everyone’s favorite dish is on the menu is enough to make even a seasoned cook’s head spin," writes Lori Hutson/Too Many Cooks. "Add a vegan or vegetarian to the guest list or someone with a gluten allergy, lactose intolerance or egg aversion and it can get downright difficult to make sure everyone will get stuffed, especially the turkey." More here.
Featured SR.com Blog post: U.S. Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers won the fourth highest position in the House of Representatives today in a closed meeting of House Republicans, The Hill, Politico and other media are reporting. McMorris Rodgers, R-Spokane, was elected chairwoman of the House Republican Conference. It ranks just below Speaker of the House, majority leader and majority whip. McMorris Rodgers has served for two terms as the vice chairwoman of the Republican Conference/Jim Camden, Spin Control. More here.
More SR blogs:
- The Slice: Winky Dink and you/Paul Turner
- End Notes: The marathoner: Life at 92/Rebecca Nappi
- Dually Noted: Check out 'Sullivan's Travels'/Dan Webster
- SportsLink: Basketball season carries on/Christian Caple
- A Grip on Sports: The inevitable defeat/Vince Grippi, SportsLink
- Dually Noted: Paying it forward in Kootenai County/Tricia Jo Webster
- Outdoors: Vehicle emergency kit cheap insurance for winter travelers/Rich Landers
- Eye on Boise: Teachers at 499 schools get bonuses, those at 155 don't/Betsy Russell
Question: Should North Idaho conservatives adopt Cathy McMorris Rodgers from the adjacent congressional district in Eastern Washington as their own?