The Methow Valley Sport Trails Association is opening portions of its 120-mile groomed nordic trail system to bicycles this year. Rich Landers/SR Outdoors blog provides more information on the fat-tired snow bikes above and the Methow Valley trail system here. (SR photo)
Featured SR Blog: That's how GU basketball coach Mark Few described one of his banged-up players in a story by Jim Meehan this morning. I hadn't realized that 50 was the point at which a person's gait begins to resemble that of Grandpa on “The Real McCoys.” Guess I'm overdue to begin showing signs of having a hitch in my git-along. Or whatever. So anyway, if you are 50 or older and thought you walked normally, you might want to check again/Paul Turner, The Slice. More here.
- The Slice: The firewood code of honor/Paul Turner
- End Notes: Quiet cop kindness/Catherine Johnston
- SportsLink: Gonzaga over LCSC, day after/Jim Meehan
- Spin Control: Brown packs up for WSU-Spokane/Jim Camden
- A Grip on Sports: Accentuating the positive/Vince Grippi, SportsLink
- Outdoors: Trapping banned in popular Montana forest/Rich Landers
- Spokane Blog: Fairfield's Old-Fashioned Christmas bazaar/Nina Culver
- Dually Noted: I can tell you one thing that isn't bigger in Texas/Tricia Jo Webster
- Office Hours: Avista insists cost-cutting is "voluntary severance program"/Tom Sowa
Question: Do you walk your 50 years old or older?