City Attorney Mike Gridley may think Steve Adams is a moron (for threatening legal action that could sidetrack a federally mandated expansion of the sewer plant). And Mayor Sandi Bloem may want to punch Adams in the nose (for poking his finger in her face). But the Coeur d’Alene councilman has support in the very, very conservative Kootenai County GOP Central Committee. In fact, Adams was invited, along with Chris Fillios and Brent Regan, to count ballots for a vote to fill a vacant precinct committeeman position Tuesday. On his Facebook page, Regan reports that a committeeman joked when Adams’ name was announced as a tabulator: “But Gridley says he is a moron. Can he count?” That brought the house down, Regan reports. Who later applauded Adams’ counting skills. But didn’t say if Adams took his shoes off to tally Gerald Dale’s 35-20 victory over Jeff Ward in Precinct 23/DFO, Sunday Huckleberries. More here.
- Arena won't have to take back seat/John Blanchette
- Fear snuffs out wise policies/Gary Crooks, Smart Bombs
- We've seen this shooting defense her before/Doug Clark
- Pike group angles for lunkers, laughs/Rich Landers, Outdoors
- Lawmakers ready is city won't go their way/Betsy Russell, Eye on Boise
- And all they wanted to do was run the picket fence/Paul Turner, The Slice