Horse whisperer Erica Curless (now also part of The Spokesman-Review team producing the Monday Boomer U page) sez it’s “never good when your trailer tire passes you at 60 mph.” At the time, Erica was hauling a load of heifers for sale to Billings. The Les Schwab at Thompson Falls said it could replace her tire – next Wednesday. So Erica & Co. limped into the Les Schwab in balmy Missoula (9 degrees) to fix the tire. The road trip continued from there over the slick-as-snot pass near Livingston (minus 20 degrees). Fourteen hours later, Erica made it to Billings Livestock Commission. It was 14 below in Billings. Sums up our Country Girl: “Who needs Botox when it’s 14 below? Cheeks frozen in smile”/DFO, Sunday Huckleberries. More here.
SR weekend columns:
- New taproom lets River City flow/Rick Bonino'
- Slice: Pay no attention to chorus of boos/Paul Turner
- Eye on Boise: Dem ticket pleases ex-guv/Betsy Russell
- Mother Nature gave EWU gig a cold shoulder/Doug Clark
- Smart Bombs: Justice denied, innocence lost/Gary Crooks
- Time to decide what value we place on parks/Shawn Vestal
- Stage actors share secrets of strong memories/Jim Kershner
- Weather turned blue turf blue but Eags loved it/John Blanchette
Question: How are you doing surviving the cold snap?