Arrow-right Camera

Huckleberries Online

Fri., Feb. 1, 2013, 1:32 p.m.

9th Floor Fire Self Extinguishes

At approximately 8:00 pm last night Coeur D’Alene Fire Department was dispatched for a Structure Fire on the ninth floor of the Parkside Condo’s 601 E Front. Neighbor reported seeing smoke and flames on an interior wall with water flowing in the apartment.  A second alarm was immediately called for bringing additional units from both Kootenai County Fire and Rescue and Northern Lakes Fire Department.  5 Engines, 2 Ambulances and 19 personnel responded.  Upon the arrival of the Fire Department the fire appears to have self-extinguished due to a domestic water line being damaged by the fire and extinguishing it within a couple feet of its origin. The fire cause appears to be electrical in nature at this time, starting in or around a built in home surround sound speaker/Fire Inspector Craig Etherton, Coeur d'Alene Fire Department. More here.

Question: Does Coeur d'Alene have the fire-fighting equipment to battle a blaze in the upper stories of one of the downtown Coeur d'Alene high rises?




You must be logged in to post comments. Please log in here or click the comment box below for options.

comments powered by Disqus
« Back to Huckleberries Online

D.F. Oliveria
D.F. (Dave) Oliveria joined The Spokesman-Review in 1984. He currently is a columnist and compiles the Huckleberries Online blog and writes about North Idaho in his Huckleberries column.

Follow Dave online: