Jeff Ward, a founder of the Kootenai County Reagan Republicans, views his Tea Party Lite group as an underdog. Never mind that Kootenai County is one of the most Republican counties in one of the most Republican states. On Thursday, reacting to the outcry over an insensitive anti-Obama “joke” told by Coeur d’Alene school trustee Brent Regan, Ward compared the Reagan Republicans to the underdog nerds in the “Revenge of the Nerds” movie. Ward said conservatives who speak out “are taking a lot of crap” from people who sit back and snipe. Quoth Ward: “The reality is it has nothing to do with something we’ve done bad or anything we’ve said bad. It has everything to do with the fact that they don’t like us participating. They don’t like the nerds on campus. Because what’s happened in the last four years in this community is the powers that be have found that the nerds have started … electing people to office”/DFO, Sunday Huckleberries. More here.
Other SR weekend columns:
- Resolution: No more please/Gary Crooks
- Long way to go before Sky hits limit/John Blanchette
- Alpine Lakes bill back before Congress/Rich Landers
- Trees fall in the forest, so does revenue/Betsy Russell
- Super Bowl parties as diverse as attendees/Paul Turner
- Super Bowl ads in need of some shock value/Doug Clark
- To stop the revolving ER door, start with a bed/Shawn Vestal
Question: Do you consider yourself to be a nerd?