"You might want to sit down for this," warns Paul Turner/The Slice ... "Next year, on Feb. 9, it will have been 50 years since The Beatles first live appearance on 'The Ed Sullivan Show.'"
- Gonzaga: Day after San Diego/Jim Meehan, SportsLink
- Firefighter balancing act/Nina Culver, Spokane Valley Blog
- Community of chemotherapy, Part 3/Rebecca Nappi, End Notes
- A stamp for a ballot is NOT a poll tax/Jim Camden, Spin Control
- Grip on Sports: Super Bowl to remember/Vince Grippi, SportsLink
- Truth be told this Woman is a Wonder/Dan Webster, Dually Noted
- Week's top outdoors stories in Spokesman-Review/Rich Landers, Outdoors
- 'You've Lost that Lovin' Feeling': No. 1 song on this date in 1965/Paul Turner, The Slice
DFO: And next year the question that the Beatles ask re: a galpal still in love "when they're old an losing their hair & 64" will apply to me. Gracious! Time is flying.