Fish & Game Commissioner Joan Hurlock will face a confirmation vote of the Senate Resources Committee on Wednesday. An avid fisherman, she has faced an uphill confirmation battle. More here. (Eye on Boise photo: Betsy Russell)
The House has voted 61-9 in favor of HR 2, giving final approval to changes in the House’s ethics rule, Rule 76. They include creating a new, standing five-member ethics committee, with three members elected by the majority caucus and two by the minority caucus; and revising and adding more specifics to House ethics standards, definitions and procedures. All nine of the “no” votes came from House Democrats, but four Democrats voted in favor of the measure/Betsy Russell, Eye on Boise. More here.
Also from Eye on Boise this AM:
- Bell: 'We don't hurry into anything in our county
- When state budget cuts prove penny-wise but pound foolish
- Idaho courts look to provide online 24/7 service in the future
- Otter backs off plan for new secure mental health prison unit
- Reinke: New plan needed 'so you don't have to be a felon' to get mental health services
Question: Do you feel better now that the Legislature appears to dealing with ethics problems that have surfaced in recent years?