Meet Matt Watson, 30, who just lost his job at All City Coffee in Georgetown (Seattle area) that he had for 2½ years. That’s what happens when you’ve become the Bitter Barista, start blogging snarky stuff about your customers, and it goes viral. For example:
- “If you remind me four times that you’ve ordered decaf, guess what you won’t be getting ... ”
- “I would remember your usual drink if you were a more memorable person.”
- “What a coincidence! You have a gluten allergy, and I don’t care that you have a gluten allergy!”
- “You can say ‘2% milk’ all damn day. You’re getting whole milk.”
- And, you don’t just blog about customers, but your boss: “I like to use a lot of big words when I tweet, that way if my boss ever finds my twitter account, he won’t understand any of it.”
- More here.
Question: Do you give baristas fits with your complicated orders/directions?