The House has voted 62-7 in favor of HB 88, the governor’s “Hire One More Employee” or HOME tax credit bill, sending it across the rotunda to the Senate side. The measure revises the existing “Hire One” new jobs credit, adding an extra $1,000 credit if the new employee is a veteran, and revising the amounts and qualifications for the credit. “It makes it simpler,” said House Majority Leader Mike Moyle, R-Star, the bill’s House sponsor. “A new job is a benefit to the state of Idaho.” The bill’s estimated cost is $10.4 million a year/Betsy Russell, Eye on Boise. More here.
Other Eye on Boise posts this AM:
- Ed panel OKs bill that restores current-year funding
- Siddoway: Personal property tax talks "alive" but not "well"
- Millennium Fund panel divided over tobacco-prevention funding
- Committee chairs begin reports to JFAC in prep for agency budgeting
- Rep. Wood on Medicaid: 'I don't see how we're going to reduce it any more'