At the new Dawn of the Donut in Spokane (soft opening today, grand opening Friday), Cindy snapped this photo and quoted her son who said: "Are these Christian doughnuts?" Actually, they were coffins. Cindy tells Huckleberries that the doughnuts at the Dawn shop have zombie themes, from "Walking Dead" TV show. "The Governor," for example, is a bacon topped maple bar, etc. Sounds to me as though the Spokane doughnut shop are copying the pattern set by highly successful Voodoo Doughnuts of Portland.
- More pulp fiction fun/The Slice
- Good news, bad news/Slight Detour
- School (superintendent) choice/Fort Boise
- Recipe: Breakfast casserole/Stebbijo's Place
- Today's contract WiFi reading roundup/The EDge
- There are bombs in the 'hood/From A Simple Mind
- UI's Petrino addresses media before camp/SportsLink
- 'The Rough & Often Beautiful Mess'/Writing North Idaho
- Catalyst of a dream/Rants, Raves & Random Thoughts
- Immigration reform -- If I only had a brain/Dogwalk Musings
- Labrador's forest trust bill clears House panel/Rocky Barker
HucksOnline numbers (for Tuesday): 9813 page-views/5770 unique views
Question: Have you eaten a VooDoo Doughnut?