The Cleveland Cavaliers selected UNLV freshman Anthony Bennett (pictured in Cavaliers cap) with the No. 1 pick Thursday night, a surprising start to the NBA draft. The Cavaliers passed on big men Nerlens Noel and Alex Len in favor of the forward who has starred for Canada's junior national teams and was the Mountain West Conference player of the year. There was suspense right until the end, either because the Cavs were unsure who they wanted or were trying to trade the pick. Most predictions had them taking one of the big men. More here. You can follow the draft as we wait for the Kelly Olynyk pick here.
- 2. Victor Oladipo/Indiana -- to Orlando Magic.
- 3. Otto Porter Jr/Georgetown -- Washington Wizards
- 4. Cody Zeller, Indiana -- Charlotte Bobcats
- 5. Alex Lin, Maryland -- Phoenix Suns
- 6. Nerlens Noel, Kentucky -- New Orleans Pelicans
- 7. Ben McLemore, Kansas -- Sacramento Kings
- 8. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Georgia -- Detroit Pistons
- 9. Trey Burke, Michigan -- Minnesota Timberwolves
- 10. C.J. McCollom, Lehigh -- Portland Trailblazers
- 11. Michael Carter-Williams, Syracuse -- Philadelphia 76ers
- 12. Steven Adams, Pittsburgh -- Oklahoma City
- 13. Kelly Olynyk, Gonzaga -- Dallas Mavericks (to be traded to Boston Celtics)
DFO: One rumor has Olynyk going to the Portland Trailblazers, who have the No. 10 pick ...