The House has voted 55-13, a GOP-led party-line vote, in favor of HCR 22, the resolution demanding that the federal government cede title to all federal lands in Idaho to the state. “There’s a few things that I’ll come out of the chair to debate and this is one of those,” said House Speaker Scott Bedke. “This is worth trying”/Betsy Russell, Eye on Boise. More here.
- Otter appoints Powell as ISP chief
- Otter on exchange bill: 'I know this wasn't easy'
- New DeMourant teachers salary bill clears committee
- Senate rejects Democrat amendments to 2 school bills
- Senate shelves bill to criminalize cops for enforcing fed gun laws
- Senate committee gives unanimous OK to personal property tax bill
Question: After watching the Otter administration and Idaho Legislature damage public education, the last thing I want to see is the state in control of federal lands. Simply. Can't. Trust. Elected. State. Officials. Agree?