Kootenai County Chief Deputy Clerk Pat Raffee released the final list of candidates who have filed for taxing district offices in the May 21 election. The filing deadline was 5 p.m. today. Many candidates have filed in recent days. Details are provided on the final Candidates Filed roster here. And: Coeur d'Alene Press story here.
Key races (Coeur d'Alene School Board):
- Zone 1 -- Christa Hazel vs. appointee Brent Regan
- Zone 4 -- Dave Eubanks vs. appointee Ann Seddon
- Zone 5 -- Tom Hearn vs. Bjorn Handeen (Hightower seat)
Key races (Kootenai Hospital District Board Member -- top 2 of 4):
- Incumbent Liese M. Razzeto, Neil L. Nemec, Donna Montgomery and Jim Pierce. (Pierce and Montgomery are active in local GOP circles. Pierce is a Reagan Republican board member).
- Incumbent Marc Wallace decided not to run for re-election
Also: You have 2 contested Post Falls School District races, and 1 contested Lakeland District race.
H/T: Elections chief Carrie Phillips & clerk's officer for getting this names out so quickly after deadline.