In her article “Idaho one cool destination at one cool price,” Clara Bosonetto of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution touts cheap air rates in getting from Atlanta to Boise ($266 round trip). And said this about Coeur d’Alene: “A 7-hour drive north of Boise is Lake Coeur d’Alene, created by glaciers and today an international resort destination with the town of Coeur d’Alene on its north shore and resorts nestled along 135 miles of shoreline. An ideal region for avid birdwatchers – Lake Coeur d’Alene has the largest nesting population of osprey in the western United States.” Chamber types are glad she didn’t mention that the southern edge of downtown Coeur d’Alene is torn up this year. Or anything about Aryans/DFO, Sunday Huckleberries. More here.
Other SR weekend columns:
- Dim message on bulbs/Gary Crooks
- Ride was classic, didn't feel like rehearsal/Doug Clark
- Oriental lilies are beautiful, easy to grow/Susan Mulvihill
- When time is of the essence, buttons just don't fly/Paul Turner
- Mountain bikers try to stay their course on Beacon Hill/Rich Landers
- Pretty quiet on fundraising front, but Crapo warchest deep/Betsy Russell
Question: Is this the summer you'd want your friends and relatives visiting downtown Coeur d'Alene?