Hannah Cvancara, Miss Spokane 2013, stands on a patio by the Spokane River on May 9. Cvancara is a senior at The Oaks Classical Christian Academy. See link below in "Other senior profiles by Cindy Hval." (SR photo: Jesse Tinsley)
It’s easy to overlook Michelle Kazuba in the halls at East Valley High School. Her small stature can make her seem swallowed up in the crowd. Yet counselor Heidi Youseph said Kazuba has “made a huge impact at our school.” Kazuba has achondroplasia dwarfism, but she’s never let the condition get in her way. “I figure I can do most things by myself because that’s the way I’ve lived my life”/Cindy Hval, SR. More here.
Other senior profiles by Cindy Hval:
- He credits M.E.A.D. for success
- Five Mile graduate puts focus on the future
- Lakeside's Mary Daniels shines in running, academics
- The Oaks' Vancara views disability as unique ability
- Warm memory of her mother a motivator for Mt. Spokane senior
- Not knowing English didn't stop one Mead student's drive
Question: Do you know a high school senior who has overcome hardship to graduate? Can you describe him/her?