Councilwoman Kerri Thoreson, who lost the Post Falls mayor’s race to Ron Jacobson on Tuesday, had the best line following the city elections. And we’ll get to it in a moment. On her Facebook wall after the election, Kerri talked about putting on her “game face” and heading out to face the public. First, she attended the Local Issues Committee of the Chamber of Commerce. Next, she retrieved signs and returned phone calls, texts and emails. Many were talking about her future election prospects. Summed up Kerri: “Talking about future elections the day after one that ended badly is like asking a woman who’s just given birth if she plans to have more children/DFO, Sunday Huckleberries. More here.
Other SR weekend columns:
- Boomers shrink as time goes by/Jim Kershner, SR
- Election autopsy finds more bucks, zero band/Doug Clark
- Smart Bombs: Buying health insurance? Shop around/Gary Crooks
- Football gods truly smile on Eagles' masterful effort/John Blanchette
- Outdoors: Kokanee won't run Lake Pend Oreille dam level/Rich Landers
- The Slice: New namesake should be nothing but presidential/Paul Turner
Question: Have you ever thought of running for an elective office? When? Which one?